Friday, February 5, 2010

Essays

An essay is a collective piece of writing that has a main focus on one thing and sub categories to support or talk more about that particular subject. A good essay always includes an strong thesis which usually always results in a strong introduction and the rest of the paragraphs. One thing that I always put in my introduction is a brief summary of all of the main points that I am going to make in my essay. As a result, the reader can be prepared and know what it is I am going to talk about and it helps me organize my essay( mainly paragraph order). The last sentences of each paragraph should quickly reinstate the main idea of your paragraph as well as a look to what will be in your next one. I have only started doing this about a year or so ago so I am trying to get better at it. With this skill, I seem to be able to write essays with greater ease each time and with practice in using these skills, you too will improve your writing (essays) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment